[linux-audio-user] audacity and jack again ;-)

From: Eric Robert <roberteric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 22:43:12 EEST

Hello all,
i had succes in the past building audacity for use with jack enabling
portaudio-v19
(the trick was to replace the portaudio-v19 directory with the newest
v19 snapshot from portaudio.com)

I switched to mandrake 10.2 (previous version was 10.0)
I've been able to compile the beast by hand and use audacity with
jack(i.e .configure ... make make install) using the trick above.

BUT i can't build the rpm (as i was able before with mandrake 10.0):

rpm -ba audacity.spec

configure: warning: CFLAGS=-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586
-mtune=pentiumpro : invalid host type
configure: warning: CXXFLAGS=-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586
-mtune=pentiumpro : invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for lib-src/portaudio-v19

It remembers me some messages, before i found the solution(with some
help from the list)

How comes i can by hand and NOT by rebuilding the rpm using the SAME source?

Looks like the flags get messed by the rpm system somewhere

Any hints?

Thanks
Eric