Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 01:02:53 EEST

On 10/21/05, torbenh@email-addr-hidden <torbenh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 08:33:55PM -0400, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
> > Thanks! We help ourselves... that's the nice thing about open source.
> > With the -r option Crystal works for me now. What is this option for?
> > One plugin that I can't get working is the SRI_1010. It would be very
> > nice to have this one unless you know of any other free convolution
> > plugin. I tried with and without the -r option and I get:
> >
> > err:midi:MIDI_AlsaToWindowsDeviceType Cannot determine the type of this
> > midi device. Assuming FM Synth
> > gui_thread_id = 10
> > could not post message to gui thread
> > cannot create editor
>
> hmmm... this looks like the plugin is trying to open a midi port by
> itself. try to configure wine so that it does not see any alsa midiport.
>

> > Have any of you tried to use this one?
> >
> > cheers!
> >

> > Hector.
> >

> --
> torben Hohn
> http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language

Hi all,
   I just got a few minutes to try xfst on my AMD64 machine. Did
anyone else run into this:

mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $ make
winebuild -o xfst.exe.dbg.c --debug -C. audiomaster.c fst.c
fstinfofile.c gtk.c jfst.c vsti.c vstwin.c
winebuild: unrecognized option `--debug'
Usage: winebuild [OPTIONS] [FILES]

<SNIP>

make: *** [xfst.exe.dbg.c] Error 1
mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $

I hope I'm doing this correctly. I put the Steinberg headers in the
vst directory and then ran make. That seems to be what the README file
suggests. There is also a file called readme.jack-fst which seems ot
be leftover from the older Jack_fst. Is that correct?

Make does seem to want to run winebuild, and winebuild on my system
doesn't support an option called debug.

mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $ wine --version
Wine 20050930
mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $

   Did I miss some conversation about this?

Thanks,
Mark