Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 05:57:25 EEST

On 10/22/05, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:

> >>Hi Marc,
> >>
> >>I got the same failure with wine20050930. I downgraded wine to wine20050830
> >>and xfst-0.3 compiled cleanly.
> >>You also have to change the vst header as for jack_fst. Otherwise you get some
> >>error messages and make will "fail". I don't know exactly what I changed
> >>exactly, but you can find the headers which I used attached to this e-mail.
> >>I still got a failure message, during compilation but xfst works.
> >>
> >>good luck,
> >>Martin
> >>

> >Thanks for the confirmation Martin. Backing down on Wine is not an
> >option. I'll wait and hope Torben will update the files to fix it.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Mark
> >

> Hi guys:
>
> Yes, I'm having the same problem with winebuild. The trouble is that
> the syntax for winebuild's options has changed from what Torben has in
> the Makefile. Unfortunately I haven't yet figured out the new magic
> incantation, but I did spend an hour or so on it this afternoon. Got no
> joy, same as you. :(
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Dave,
   I'm only here for a few minutes this evening. In the make file
there seems to be more or less a a single invocation of winebuild that
has 'debug' in it. Can we just remove it?

   Since the option isn't supported, and wasn't in the man page, I
don't know what Torben intended in it's use.

   Anyway, part of this exercise, in my mind, is finding a solution
that works AND is maintainable out into the future. I suspect that
when we get past this we will see it as our first, small maintainance
patch. What's important is that we don't go backward with old Wine,
but always forward with new Wine.

Cheers,
Mark