Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 22:05:34 EEST

On 10/23/05, torbenh@email-addr-hidden <torbenh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> xfst IS fst. i just removed the hacky stuff.
> i removed the debug stuff from the makefile and it still works with my
> wine version.
>
> Wine 20050111
>
> i uploaded to
> http://galan.sf.net/xfst-0.4.tar.gz
>
> please report back.

OK, on one of my 32-bit systems I got much further. The GUI comes up
and Crystal is visible in QJC's connection windows. However almost
immediately I see this in the terminal where I'm running:

mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $ ./xfst ~/VSTs/Crystal.dll
gui_thread_id = 10
Got the focus
zombified - exiting from JACK
lost focus
Got the focus
lost focus

The GUI is still up but the VST is gone from QJC. I exit Crystal and see this:

Got the focus
lost focus
Got the focus
wtf.
lost focus
quit........
mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $

mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $ wine --version
Wine 20050930
mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $ uname -a
Linux gigastudio 2.6.12-gentoo-r10 #1 Thu Sep 8 02:09:54 PDT 2005 i686
AMD Athlon(TM) XP1600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
mark@email-addr-hidden ~/CODE/xfst-0.4 $

NOTE: If anythign about xfst require Wine work with Jack then it may
be a problem for this version of Wine.

Thanks,
Mark