Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Sineshaper 0.4.0

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 15:49:51 EEST

On Sunday 23 October 2005 19:40, Lars Luthman wrote:
> The Sineshaper is a monophonic DSSI synth. This is the first release.
> Source tarball, screenshot and Vorbis demo are available here:
> http://ll-plugins.sf.net. The knob graphics are created by Thorsten
> Wilms and Peter Shorthose.
>
> The Sineshaper synth has two sine oscillators and two waveshapers.
> The sound from the two oscillators is mixed and passed through the
> waveshapers, first through the first waveshaper and then the second.
> You can control the tuning of both oscillators as well as their
> relative loudness, and the total amount of shaping and the fraction of
> that amount that each shaper applies. Both waveshapers use a sine
> function for shaping the sound, but for the second shaper you can shift
> the sine function (with maximal shift it becomes a cosine function) to
> produce a different sound.
>
> You can also add vibrato and tremolo, and change the ADSR envelope
> that controls the amplitude and shape amount (as well as setting the
> envelope sensitivity for both the amplifier and the shapers). There
> is also a "Drive" control that adds distorsion, and a feedback delay
> with controllable delay time and feedback amount. All control parameters
> can be changed using MIDI.
>
> The Sineshaper synth comes with some presets that you can play or use
> as starting points for your own synth settings. You can not change
> these "factory presets", but you can create and save your own presets.
> They are written to the file .sineshaperpresets in your home directory.
> If you make any nice presets I would really like to hear them.

Hi. This sounds really good, but. BUT. I'm getting the same problems with deps
that I'm getting with om, while trying to install Smack (the drum machine) It
wants libglademm, which wants, gtkmm, which wants (I presume) glibmm, and
then ligsigc++-2.0. I stopped at gtkmm caus I could see which way this was
going. I'm on FC2 for this install, and already have
libsigc++-1.2.5-1.rhfc2.ccrma which is a dep for Cheesetracker. Am I likely
to have a conflict if I install libsigc++-2.0, with the earlier version of
libsigc++? Nigel. It sounds good I'd really like to get it working.