[linux-audio-user] Digital audio files for hardware verification

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 21:22:36 EEST

Hi,
   I'm being really lazy here and looking for some ideas on how to do
a couple of things easily. I really don't want to spend much time on
there. Thanks in advance.

1) Assume I have an existing wave file (mono or stereo) and want to
convert it to text. I'd like each sample written in 8/16/24-bit hex to
its own line in the file. Any easy way to do it?

2) Assume I've chosen a sample rate and bit-depth. Now want to
generate a hex file with sine wave data, again with each sample
written to its own line. Any easy way to do it?

Thanks,
Mark