Re: [linux-audio-user] Whatever happend to the alsa config file?

From: Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 16:44:48 EEST

On 10/25/05, Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name> wrote:
> If you want to define your own override, you can just create the
> /etc/asound.conf file.

Thanks.

What I want to do is have have all my applications use the internal
sound card as default, and use the USB sound card whenever it is
plugged in.

I guess one way of doing that would be with hotplug?

When the USB sound card is inserted I run a script that
1) symlinks /etc/asound.conf to /etc/asound.conf_usb
2) restarts alsa

And when the USB sound card is removed I run a script that
1) symlinks /etc/asound.conf to /etc/asound.conf_internal
2) restarts alsa

How does that sound for a plan?

alex

--