Re: [linux-audio-user] music apps being removed with Sarge/Etch updates

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 21:51:14 EEST

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 23:49, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 00:40 +0000, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you fix your system clock? The dates on your messages are off by
> > > several hours.
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > Don't know. I've put a new battery in with plenty of shelf life, but the
> > damn clock has again lost more than 3 hrs in the last 4 days. Apart from
> > resetting it each time I bootup, I can't think of a fix. The smoothwall
> > express2 gets it's time updates from a time server, but I'm not sure how
> > to set that up on this old Gateway 500 I use for emails. Nigel.
>
> apt-get install ntpd

Hi Lee. I do apologise for the problems with my clock. I never realised that
it was 2 days behind. I can't get ntpd from Fedora, and tried dag's site as
well. I'm getting time updates using npt on the Smoothwall firewall, and
have asked at the smoothwall forum if there's a way to synch my client
machines to the firewalls RTC. The time (I hope) is right at the moment. If
there is no way to synch to the firewalls RTC, I will have to install ntp, at
least on the Gateway machine. The other one seems to be keeping time ok. Poor
o'l Gateway's probably reaching EOL. The cd writer has recently thrown in the
towel, and now the floppy drive works when it feels like it. Nigel.