[linux-audio-user] Re: RMS and peak levels: meters (Marcos Guglielmetti)

From: Item State <itemstatechanged@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 12:06:11 EET

hallo marcos

if you want to measure audio files and not realtime
signals, you could use FScape
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fscape . There are two
modules : "Change Gain" has an info button that will
put out the peak and RMS of a file. Alternatively you
can use "Serial Killa" to make an energy analysis
which is a weighted sum of the spectral bands of a
file, using a coarse psychoacoustic weighting
function.

but honestly, better use your ears to match two
soundfiles for equal loudness!

ciao, -sciss-

> From: Marcos Guglielmetti
[...]