Re: [linux-audio-user] tool for unpacking .sfArk soundfonts

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 00:10:17 EET

On 10/31/05, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> ps: Mark. Can you post the link for .dll's . I thought I'd kept it, but can't
> find it.

http://www.dll-files.com

NOTE: The files on dll-files do NOT always work. For isntance Savihost
required a dll. I downlaoaded a copy and tried to use it but it didn't
work. I took a copy from a win XP box and it did work.

I talked to some of the Wine guys about this and they said the dll's I
was looking for were too big and complicated ot be part of Wine 1.0.
However M$ makes a number of them available through their site. Here's
part of the response and a link:

You can also download the necessary version from Microsoft. See

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q259403/

"Vcredist.exe installs the latest run-time components for Visual C++
applications"
or

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/html/redistribvc6.asp

"Redistributing Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Applications"

I beleive that this package does indeed install under Wine so you can
get some good stuff there, assuming you are licensed to do so. (I.e. -
have a legal Windows license somewhere...)

Cheers,
Mark