Re: [linux-audio-user] terrible sineshaper dependencies

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 03:33:25 EET

On Sat, 2005-05-11 at 22:48 +0000, Nigel Henry wrote:
> Hi. Has anyone got sineshaper installed on FC3? I'm having the most terrible
> dependency problems. gtkmm, then glibmm, and the list of deps goes on and on.
> I thought that Fedora extras handled thes deps, but adding the urls to yum
> for the fedora extras hasn't solved it. Yum says gtkmm doesn't exist. I'm not
> knocking anything. I'd just like to get sineshaper working, as it sounds like
> a good synth. Any tips, hints. Nigel.

Fedora is the thing that's terrible, not Sineshaper.

I've had people with these problems numerous times with Om as well
(which also depends on Gtkmm), exclusively with Fedora. I can't
possibly understand how Fedora doesn't have the very widely used
official C++ bindings to GTK. How many packages do they have? 12?

Try switching to a distribution that actually ..distributes..
 things people need.

-DR-