Re: [linux-audio-user] verdict on edirol fw products

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 01:21:41 EET

Hallo,
Hartmut Noack hat gesagt: // Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Noah Roberts schrieb:
>
> | Also interested in any other ideas.
> |

> I use the Hardwaremonitoring on my Terratec EWX 24/96 without any
> Problems with Jack/alsa. The card has a envy24-Chipset so i guess
> envy24-USBstuff will work fine as well.

Well, if there was something like "envy24-USBstuff". USB soundcards
are not based on that chipset, which is a PCI chip. [1]

Anyway: Generally most USB1.1 soundcards are supported very well by
ALSA, however for USB2 this is a different story. According to the
soundcard matrix, Playback on the UA-1000 by Edirol doesn't work. To
most people playback is a rather important feature.

I don't think, other USB2 soundcards are much better supported yet,
however maybe some alsa-developers would like to comment on thos.

For Firewire audio check out http://freebob.sf.net

[1] http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/controllers/envy24/

Ciao