Re: [linux-audio-user] Best soundcard for DJing with Linux (Poll)

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 11:22:42 EET

Hallo,
J_Zar hat gesagt: // J_Zar wrote:

> I think this article could be interesting for some Linux Audio User.
>
> At OpenJay.org there was a poll about "Best soundcard for DJing with Linux".
> Here the results:
>
> http://www.openjay.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=88

Some random remarks:

I think, such polls need to be taken with a grain of salt: How many of
the participiciants actually used different soundcards or at least
tested them thoroughly? As the Soundblaster probably is the most widly
used card, it's no wonder, that it turned up high on the list. However
if it's indeed the best card for DJing still is an open question.

Maya USB and Terratec USB are almost the same hardware, so from a
Linux perspective, their votes also could be added together. (Of
course, the price is different.)

What is a "M-Audio Audiophile Series" card, USB or PCI? I guess, USB,
as the PCI card is unusable for DJs, because it lacks enough channels
for PF listening.

Ciao