[linux-audio-user] Vocoder

From: Lorenzo Bicci <bicci@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 18:17:23 EET

Hi everybody!
I've found a software Linux vocoder
(http://www.sirlab.de/linux/download_vocoder.html) which is available both as
a LADSPA plugin and a standalone program.

I've got an old Pentium 166MMX with 64MB RAM which is unused, and i'd like to
use it as a live vocoder. It would be cool to bring it on the stage, plug a
keyboard and a microphone in its audio board(s), turn it on without any
display, mouse or keyboard and have it already working as a vocoder.

Unfortunately I have no idea of how to make it. I don't know how to make the
vocoder (plugin or standalone) start and work automatically after the boot,
possibly without having to start a graphical interface (which would be heavy
for the poor P166 and totally unuseful, since there's no display).

Any idea about how to realise such a thing?
Bye,

Lorenzo