Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

From: Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 18:33:31 EET

Rui Nuno Capela escribió:

> Again, I believe the "cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file
> descriptor)" message is nothing to worry about. And as it seems from
> the results above it just confirms my suspicion. If you're sticking
> with a 2.6 kernel, just don't configure jackd with
> --enable-capabilities and you're off the hook ;)
>
> Cheers.

 Yeah,you are right .I complied jackd as you say and the "cannot write
to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file descriptor)" message doesn't
appears anymore.Now the problem is with ardour,that doesn't want to
start after thhis compilation.
   Here is the output :

supertux@email-addr-hidden:~$ ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.99
   (built using 0.604.3 with libardour 0.901.2 and GCC version 4.0.2
(Debian 4.0.2-2))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel
Baker

Ardour no ofrece ningn tipo de garantï¿ 1/2
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Este software es gratuito.Usted puede distribuirlo
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
jackd 0.100.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

`default' server already active
ardour: [ERROR]: Unable to connect to JACK server
ardour: [ERROR]: Could not connect to JACK server as "ardour"
ardour: [ERROR]: No se pudo conectar a JACK con el nombre "ardour"

 I also compiled alsa-driver-1.0.10-rc3,but the problem come after the
compilation of jackd.

 Any hint?

 Thank you very much.
Saludos