Re: [linux-audio-user] Icons required for DSSI plugins

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 21:45:50 EET

On Friday 11 November 2005 17:31, Esben Stien wrote:
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> > could you elaborate
>
> It's better to use vector graphics[1], cause no matter how much you
> scale it, you always have infinite resolution. You can use inkscape[2]
> to draw vector graphics; it's slow as it's in a transition state to
> cairo, though. I use blender[3] myself.
>

> [1] see examples of vector graphics:
> http://cairographics.org/samples/fill_and_stroke.html
> [2] vector drawing application
> http://inkscape.org
> [3] vector drawing application
> http://blender3d.org

Hi Esben. Sorry for the delay. I've DL'd Blender, both the dynamic, and static
versions. Which would be the best to install on FC2 or FC3? I mainly wanted
to see if anyone had some ready made icons, but am willing to have a go at
Blender, especially as there were quite a few tutorials in Linux Format mag
for it. I'm trying to concentrate on audio apps, so Blender might have to
wait a bit. Kiconedit is ok but is a bit restricted. I've made 3 icons for
music apps with it, but I'm sure they could have looked better using a more
advanced graphics app. There are quite a few distro's I use on this machine,
and see that Inkscape is on the Debian repo, so I may look at that as well. I
also had a look at KDE's Povray Modeller. Is that an SVG app? Thanks for the
links. Nigel.