[linux-audio-user] xfst (no sound)

From: Brian Sturk <bsturk@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 09:32:09 EET

I managed to find xfst after not having much luck w/ jack_fst. I'm running a
pretty recent version of wine under gentoo linux. xfst successfully launches
every VST I've thrown at it so far and I even see what seems to be it kicking
off a MIDI thread when routing MIDI from muse to it through jack. I believe I
have everything setup correctly (although I am mostly likely doing something
wrong) but I do not hear anything.

Relevant info:

        Gentoo Linux 2.6.12
        Built in sound card ALSA works fine
        Wine version wine-20050725-r1

Routing MIDI from muse to xfst running Crystal VST
Routing audio out from Crystal VST to alsa_pcm outs

Am I doing something incorrectly? I have tested jack etc by using zynaddsubfx.

thanks,
~brian

--
|-------------------------. bsturk<AT>adelphia.net | Python |(  _ _)/ /-."~