Re: [linux-audio-user] xfst (no sound)

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 19:59:08 EET

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 01:20:32AM -0500, Brian Sturk wrote:
> >you need to use xfst -r for Crystal.
> >dont you get zombified ?
> >other things than this i dont know what is happening, looks good from
> >here.
>
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for responding...

no problem :)

> Hmm, I tried the -r too same difference. What do you use for MIDI input
> into Crystal? I am trying to use MUSE but maybe that is the issue (I don't
> have MUSE setup correctly)? Is there a more simple way to test that it's
> working?

try vkeybd. its a virtual midi keyboard.

try some vst with visual feedback to notes. like albino2 or somthing.
the albino has a light which flashes when it receives midi data.

> Everything seems to work fine, just no sound. xfst isn't even using much
> CPU which is very good compared to most of the apps I've tried running
> under wine.

xfst does not burn cycles in IPC communication. it only executes the dsp
code. and the dsp code of vsts is generally very good/optimized.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language