Re: [linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25: Any issues?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 23:42:56 EET

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 21:19 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > > What about the latency?
> >
> > Like any other USB audio device. It depends on your computer.
> >
> > On my machine, I can get about 2 ms (without anything else running),
> > but I didn't test much.
>
> well, just bought the UA-25, but the latency is horrible with the new
> vanilla 2.6.14.2. I tried to build a second 2.6.14 with ingo's patch
> applied, but my machine doesn't boot this kernel.

First, try to provide a useful bug report. "The latency is horrible" is
not much better than "it doesn't work".

Is this with JACK? Running in realtime mode? What settings? Which
clients? How bad is the latency?

> I wonder what I should try next. RT-LSM?

No RT LSM only makes realtime scheduling available to users other than
root. It won't help you get "better latency" from your audio device.

Lee