[linux-audio-user] Transposing an MP3 file

From: Peter Clarke <pgclarke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 08:41:44 EET

Hi all,
My first post here. Terrence asked about transposing an MP3
file, and Erik's reply is correct in that you can transpose
it by resampling, provided you can put up with the music
changing speed as well - which is, of course, usually not
acceptable.

However, Audacity has a transpose function. It's in the
Effects menu, called "Change pitch". I haven't tried it
with music, but it works great with speech - making the
voice deeper without slowing it down.

Peter Clarke