Re: [linux-audio-user] Need a new 'pooter

From: Christian Ohm <chr.ohm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 02:42:06 EET

On Tuesday, 15 November 2005 at 20:38, Bungee wrote:
> Thanks for such a very detailed list (and thanks everyone else who responded).
> This looks like the sort of thing I want to go for. What distro are you using?
> Have you had any compatibility problems?

Well, the most important parts (CPU and mainboard) are still on my
shopping list (and will have to wait until january). As far as I could
find out, there are no problems with the mainboard.

The graphics card works well, but I think the passive cooler isn't glued
on very well, since sometimes the graphic hangs when using OpenGL. The
computer still reacts, but it always shows whatever was rendered last...

The sound card also works, but has no hardware mixer like my last card
had. Thus I'm currently struggling with enabling several applications to
use it at the same time (but I guess that's a topic for a new mail...)