Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello List

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 16:35:50 EET

Sean Edwards wrote:
> I use Ernie Ball strings exclusively but not only
> because they sound great. Put this into your favorite
> search engine to find out why: linux "ernie ball"

It's a good story, that, isn't it? Pretty much on-topic for this list, too.

I just read an interview on CNET with Sterling Ball. He comes across as
a fairly level-headed guy. It even sounds as though their licensing
transgression was more-or-less accidental. It certainly cost them a lot
of money.

Ernie Ball sounds like one of those companies you'd quite like to work
for, doesn't it? Although I realise that can be an illusion.

It's a shame, because I've become quite attached to (very heavy gauge)
Elixir strings (electric and acoustic guitars). They're pricy, but they
sound good, and last a lot longer (even with my ultra-corrosive fingers).

Maybe I should try to persuade Elixir to migrate too... :o)

Michael