Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] jack_convolve-0.0.13/libconvolve-0.0.6

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 15:40:58 EET

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:35:58 +0300
Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Is it possible to use a some kind of artificial-head-mics IR file to move
> a music beyond a head when headphones are in use? Are such free IR files
> known?

>From my understanding this should very well be possible. I don't know
whether there's any free ones around though. Also: to move smoothly (in
case one wants to move the apparent soundsource while playback) one
would need quite a few response files for the different positions and
interpolate between them.

Or create them synthetically (from known psychoacoustic principles).
These responses will usually be rather shortish, so doing the
convolution in the time domain would be possible in this case. and
probably even more efficient.

jack_convolve/libconvolve is more suited to longer responses for i.e.
reverb simulation, as from a certain length on it becomes more efficient
to do the convolution in the frequency domain which is what libconvolve
does.

Regards,
Flo

--