[linux-audio-user] Linux Lighting

From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 00:51:37 EET

Hi,

I'm currently planning a live show using Jackbeat and modifying it for this
purpose. This is about music of course, but I'm also interested by controlling
lights, to warm the dancefloor up.

The technology in this area seems to be named DMX, and there seem to be some
Linux driver project called dmx4linux, by the Linux Lighting Group.

I'm not sure that this DMX technology is the solution to my problem.
Here's what I'd like to do :
- control 16 light sources
- control the luminosity level of each of these light sources (!= on/off)
- do this is in C from Linux
- for less than 400 € (including light sources)
- building simple diy hardware is ok

Any idea ?

--
  og