Re: [linux-audio-user] fst-1.7 -- build ardour with fst support.

From: Pete Leigh <pete.leigh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 11:38:28 EET

On 28/11/05, Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

Hi Carlos,

> After compile fst,the libfst.pc file doesn't exist

> what must I do to get the requested
> libfst.pc file from fst-1.7 source?

Good question! I don't really know, I'm afraid.. I haven't
built ardour with fst myself. I just thought it might be
the obvious problem with the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
variable. Probably I should have left the answer to
someone with more knowledge! :)

As a last desperate attempt:

You could try making a libfst.pc file yourself. Looking
at the one for jack (/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/jack.pc here)
it's a small text file:

---------------------------------------
prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: jack
ased media server
Version: 0.100.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -ljack ""
Cflags: -I${includedir}
---------------------------------------

so maybe something like

---------------------------------------
prefix=/home/supertux/vst/fst-1.7
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${prefix}
includedir=${prefix}

Name: libfst
Version: 1.7
Libs: -L${libdir} -lfst.exe -lfst ""
Cflags: -I${includedir}

*might* work.. But of course, it might not!

Probably best to wait for someone who actually knows
about this stuff to respond.. :)

Best wishes,

- Pete.