[linux-audio-user] Just a hello and a thank you, straight from my heart

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 13:02:54 EET

Hi folks,
I just wanted to say that you kind people from this list are giving me
some new and fresh inspiration to make music.

I've completed the transition. I've found every tool I need to work
under gnu/Linux.

Currently I'm using:

- Jack (obviously)
- Muse (for sequencing and basic recording).
- ZynAddSubFx (an incredible synth, it still just lack realtime tweaking
with midi controls).
- Every ladspa effect I've found.
- Audacity.
- Slackware 10.2 with kernel 2.6.13 (still my favourite distro).

I'm also planning to use Ardour for more complicate audio editing and
Jamin for final mastering.

Everything compiled from source.

On the hardware side:

- Edirol UA-25 (I'm still struggling to make my gf UA-20 working).
- Zoom G2.u1 (for guitar amp modeling, through USB).
- Edirol PCRM-30
- Roland A-33

I still looking for some good piano soundfont. So far this is the best
I've found:

http://www.hum.aau.dk/~bovbjerg/piano4.html

So, I just wanted to say thank you to Paul (Davis), Clemens, Paul (of
Zyn) and all the people making and mantaining such awesome software, and
that helped me getting everything working, and everybody else on this
list, of course. I was tired to use proprietary software. As a developer
myself, I'm scared about the direction our society is taking. Our
freedom is in danger, and the open source community is the proof that
there's still hope.

Sorry for bothering you people on the list. I know this is nothing new,
I just felt the need to write this.

c.
www.cesaremarilungo.com