Re: [linux-audio-user] networking jack

From: conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 01:38:15 EET

Hallo Torben,

nice to hear/ read from you. (Ist das Haus winterfest oder frierst du B))

Can you explain more detailed the status of the project. Is it working or not.
Am i right , that the main idea is the tranfer audio data over the net.
transparent for the soundcard - all sound are played an the computer in the
network? that means, that i must decide, which soundcard i want to use in the
session.
i think, for the application i wish to use, i need a server and a client side,
were the server just syncs a time code and send it to the clients.
If I remember well, there was once a jack client with udp and/or osc (open
sound control) heard of that.