Re:[linux-audio-user] fst-1.7 -- build ardour with fst --- SOLVED -----

From: Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 01:19:57 EET

> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:14:07PM +0100, Carlos Pino wrote:
> > Hi Torbenh ,thank you very much for your answer.
> > I copied fst-1.7/ardour/SConstruct to the build directory
> > and ardour/gtk_ardour/SConscript to ardour-0.99/gtk_ardour directory
> > ,run scons as sayd before,but get another error message :
> >

> copy the fst.h file from the fst dir to someplace where ardour can
> find it.
> (/usr/local/include for example)

 Hi again,Torbenh,and everyone at the list,thank you very much for your
time and help.

The solution came after copy from the fst-1.7/ardour build folder:

 - the SC* files : fst-1.7/ardour/SConstruct to the build directory of
ardour-0.99
   and fst-1.7/ardour/gtk_ardour/SConscript to the
ardour-0.99/gtk_ardour build directory

  -the vst directory created during the compilation of fst-1.7 and the
fst.h file to the build directory ardour-0.99/libs/ardour .

  After try your advice,It did'nt work giving diferents error messages.
 I tried again as the first time ,wihtout copying fst.h to
/usr/local/include
and the last error :

/libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:32:17: error: fst.h: No such file or directory
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc: In function 'void _thread_init_callback(void*)':
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:87: error: 'fst_adopt_thread' was not
declared in this scope
scons: *** [libs/ardour/audioengine.o] Error 1

/made me think that scons was looking for fst.h at libs/ardour/ folder
inside the building place.
    After this ,a similar error looking for vst/AEffect.h file in the
same place:

/
libs/ardour/fst.h:26:25: error: vst/AEffect.h: No such file or directory
libs/ardour/fst.h:58: error: expected ';' before '(' token
libs/ardour/fst.h:89: error: 'audioMasterCallback' has not been declared
scons: *** [libs/ardour/audioengine.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors./

   after copy that folder everything went fine.

   The next step I did was create /usr/local/lib/vst folder and put
inside the vst.dll files,but launching Ardour as root is needed the
first time,due to the write acces of that folder.After this I open some
vstfx that work with very good performance (ambience reverb and nomad
factory free sweeper)

 Thank you very much and best wishes from Spain.

 Saludos.
Cheers.
-- Carlos.