Re: [linux-audio-user] Which Windows XP File System is Readable by Linux?

From: The Other <sstubbs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 09:54:23 EET

On Monday 05 December 2005 01:47 am, Jan Depner wrote:
> There is an excellent freeware ext2 driver for Windoze. I use
> it at work. http://www.fs-driver.org/

Thanks to everyone who responded. It's greatly appreciated.

The Captive project states that you should umount the NTFS partition
before you reboot. Since I like to have Linux mount all partitions
with fstab, I can see times when I would forget to umount the NTFS
partion when rebooting into Windows XP and bork Windows XP.

Being able to read ext2 partitions from Windows XP appears to offer
the best of performance (use NTFS for Windows XP) and sharing of
files on the ext2 partition. There have been times when I forgot to
move a file from Linux to the FAT16 parition, booted into WindowsNT,
then had to reboot back into Linux to move the file over. A little
annoying.

Thanks again,
Stephen.