Re: [linux-audio-user] Which Windows XP File System is Readable by Linux?

From: Jody <jody.noury@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 12:34:10 EET

Hi,

Jan Depner a écrit :

> [...]
>>>>

>>>FAT32.
>>>

>>Um, NTFS read/write works too.
>>

> I've seen many a caveat on writing NTFS. It "usually" works but it
>isn't guaranteed and can smoke your system.

kernel driver is able to read *and* write on ntfs filesystem but not
able to *write*
to filesystem journal.

And this blaireau of Windows just look at its own boot files in this
journal ...

Sometimes It could not see data on partition although these are fully
readable by linux.

Microsoft's filesystems suck, but you can easily read write on fat (vfat
type on linux).

--
Jody