Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Sampler

From: c <yaqtil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 21:01:20 EET

> So from my point of view LS is dead until someone actually speaks up.
> This "Ah it's all ok, but we can't tell you why" doesn't sound
> convincing at all. Sorry.

if they dont want to speakup, we will have to extrapolate...as it is
most likely one or two things:

* they found someone using LS code in a commercial product without
negotiating a relicense first, this could be any of those things like
PlugZilla, Receptor, Neko, OASYS, whatever...

* Tascam threatened to sue them into oblivion. Given the pricetag of
NI's Kontakt, which has GIGA support and disk streaming, theres
certainly room in there for some kind of royalty payment, even when
you factor out what an expense the enormous payroll listed in the
AboutBox must be...

if its the former, sorry to hear that for the LS folk's sake, but
perhaps they could clarify whether material created with pure LS is
permissable under CC or other license..

if it is the latter, that is fairly absurd. if i make a sampler in pd
using readsf~ ive instantly violated tascam's 'patent' ?