Re: [linux-audio-user] how to synthesize this sound

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 22:52:17 EET

Michael T D Nelson wrote:

> Just a guess... Try to Google for something like "bell synthesis -labs
> -speech".
>
> http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/demos/dafx02/
> http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node67.html
> http://www.ec.vanderbilt.edu/computermusic/musc216site/Simple.bell.tutorial.html

I appreciate the help, but I'm sorry to say that it sound to me like
everybody that replied are listening at another sound than the one I'm
talking about. Here's another sniplet from the same record with a
similar effect. This one sound more like filtered noise with resonance,
and I'm more interrested in the first example. This is just to stear
away from the bell-thing:

http://www.atte.dk/download/sound3.ogg

Anyways here's my breakdown of what is heard on
http://www.atte.dk/download/sound2.ogg

1) Shaker/egg on downbeats
2) Bass
3) Pad
4) Toy piano playing the chords on downbeats
5) synth lead with bender playing melody
6) fender rhodes in the background
7) some kind of percussion, something like hand played snare drumm
8) about 5 seconds (held untill the end of the sample, although barely
audible towards the end) into the sniplet a rising sound, resembling a a
wind chime is heard.

To me is sounds like you're all listening at the toy piano (which is
what it is,
I saw the band live in a small club in copenhagen, same toy piano on
that tune), but I'm talking about sound #8, the "synthethic wind chime"!

Sorry for my poor explanation in the first place, hope that you'll care
to listen again, since my initial interrest in the sound, as expressed
in the original posting, still holds.

And just so straighten that out; I'm not a novice synth tweaker. And I'm
not really interrested in say a sample of the sound to use in my music.
I want to
*understand* how the sound is done.

--
peace, love & harmony