Re: [linux-audio-user] Music CD Data Base

From: Kevin Street <kwsml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 10 2005 - 05:15:00 EET

Martin McCormick wrote:
> How does one read the MCM number and any other non-audio data
> from a music CD? I want to build a MP3 server for our house and
> definitely do not want to manually enter data from the art work in the
> CD box.
> I am home-brewing this server which will probably end up being
> a collection of shell scripts and C applications written by me but I
> realized that I wasn't sure how to let the CD's own data speak for
> themselves.

I see you've got lots of answers on how to rip and get the cd info out
of the online databases. For the mp3 server part you might want to look
at slimserver. http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_features.html

It's designed for the slim devices hardware players (which are
excellent) but the server itself is open source and works with any
streaming software player as well. Works great on Linux.