Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Sampler

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 16:54:20 EET

Hi,
   I think I have a version here that is very close to the last GPL
version. (The machine is in the bedroom and my wife is asleep. I'll
check later.) I am sure that we can get an old version from CVS that
represents the design just prior to the license change assuming no one
has mucked with the state of the repository.

QUESTION: If the current LS is based on a version that was, at one
time, Open Source, doesn't GPL provide that the Open Source version
must be made available to those that want it?

   If some set of developers are interested in carrying on
development, with an up front agreement to keep the results Open
Source, then you can count on me to do continued testing of LS2 and
comparison with GigaStudio.

With best regards,
Mark