Re: [linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

From: Lars Luthman <larsl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 02:15:07 EET

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 22:53 +0000, c wrote:
> > > Alternatively, there's a "start JACK audio server on application
> > > startup" option in qjackctl's options dialog, under the "misc" tab.
> > > Haven't tried that personally, but don't see why it shouldn't work...
>
> i could never get this going properly. i mean it almost worked, but it
> generally either failed to kill jackd on quit, or killed jackd when i
> didnt want it to, or failed to notice a jackd was already running when
> it was launched so it launched another one. regardless of the checkbox
> es it had a mind of its own.

It has always worked perfectly for me. I have that box and the "Enable
system tray icon" box checked (and qjackctl saved in my KDE session), so
when I start KDE I have a small plug icon sitting in the system tray
from which I can get to the connection window, and jackd is started and
ready to go.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php