Re: [linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 23:40:34 EET

On Sunday 04 December 2005 19:06, Mark Knecht was like:
> Yeah, most probably you are correct, but it's my unfortunatel view of
> the world of prepackaged distros. They work really well when I use
> exactly what they provide. As soon as I go outside of that boundry
> they get dodgy in my experience.

This is also true of Debian and DeMuDi to a certain extent, it's just that the
boundary is way bigger. I think it's useful to try to quantify the
differences between distros, rather than simply state our (DeMuDi rocks!-)
value judgements. PlanetCCRMA, seems more up to date and focussed.

<disclaimer and doxology>
I'm only offering my observations because (I can't resist and) I hope it will
be useful to someone like Brian attempting to decide which distro next. I
have nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for the work that people
like Fernando and Free and many others on this list have done to make this
software available for ordinary musicians. Snuh.
</disclaimer>

--
cheers,
tim hall