[linux-audio-user] Re: wav to spectrum-image

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 06:29:58 EET

On 12/14/05, Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name> wrote:
> Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > You can use baudline
>
> Be adviced that baudline is not free software today. I sent a mail to
> the author about releasing the source under a free license. He replied
> that this was a planned thing.
>
> --
> Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden s a
> http://www. s t n m
> irc://irc. b - i . e/%23contact
> [sip|iax]: e e
> jid:b0ef@ n n

did he...

from the faq...

So the answer to the question of open sourcing baudline is
unfortunately no. We can't do it. Such a move would completely
destroy our business plan and our company. As a consolation to the
community, SigBlips is involved in some open source activities such as
X11 improvements, Linux audio driver maintenance, and real-time
scheduling development work.

http://www.baudline.com/faq.html

This however doesn't change the fact it's the most usable and useful
analysis prog on earth. It's great for finding freq of fundemental,
partials etc and lots of other useful info, and the mystery signal
section of the site is great!

Loki