[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Sampler

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 14:22:15 EET

>From: James Stone <jmstone@email-addr-hidden>
>
>so if you were to build a linux based synth, and sell it
>with LS installed, they would like to get some money from you for it,
>which they would not be able to do under the GPL.

Many GPL authors have accepted that fact. It is not a shame to not
get money from your software!

Why would synth manufacturers have to pay? Why they are not allowed
 to enjoy of free software the same way as we end-users?

But, some other people may finish the pure-GPL fork of LS. Then
the synth manufacturers need not pay to the fake-GPL LS authors
either. Damn, what a wasted time in duplicate work would that be!

Juhana