[linux-audio-user] Mono only from pci capture, emu10k1

From: Brian Dunn <job17and9@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 18:07:18 EET

Well I've made alot of progress on my Gentoo system,
and i'm actually trying to make some music with it
now.
I'm trying to use the aux input on my SBLive Value
(the line in jack is busted) to record two things at
once from my old school mixer, using it's stereo bus.
I pan the keyboard to the right, and the mic to the
left, and then use jack to route alsa_pcm capture
chanels one and two to seperate busses in ardour. but
alas, the right bus is always silent.
I've checked it in M$XP with the kX drivers, just to
make sure my little custom wiring job was working. I
set the AC97 capture to Aux, and left and right
chanels where isolated, keys on one and mic on
t'uther. So the hardware is working right.
Is this a alsa mixer issue, because that thing baffels
me! this is probably a question for the alsa list, but
i thought maybe some of you gents have had this same
isue.
Gratefull,
brian