Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: The best distro for music creation

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 21:51:11 EET

On 12/14/05, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> You are probably right. Really, I'm a nice guy, I guess my only excuse
> is that I spend a lot of time on development mailing lists where this
> type of behavior is tolerated at best and encouraged at worst.
>
> Sorry if I offended anyone...
>
> Lee

Lee, since I'm the person the original comment was directed to, let me
tell you that I quite enjoyed it. But I'm kinda masochistic :)
Anyway, no offense taken.

Back to the discussion at hand...I installed the realtime-lsm module
on my Ubuntu box last night, and jackd runs with the realtime option
enabled. I am, however, still getting xruns, and I'm not really sure
why (as Lee or someone pointed out, it may be because I'm running
Ubuntu's ATI drivers). So I'll continue to report my progress with
using Ubuntu as a multimedia machine as I get time.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com