Re: [linux-audio-user] Burning CDs under 2.6?

From: Jesse Chappell <jesse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 00:36:31 EET

On 12/14/05, Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I haven't attempted to burn a cd in a long time, apparently
> not since I upgraded my kernel to 2.6 (currently 2.6.13),
> and hmmm, it no longer "just works." Argh.

There is no more ide-scsi emulation in 2.6, make sure you don't have
that compiled in and make sure any kernel cmdline lines in grub/lilo
are not there.

Watch the bootup, or use dmesg to determine which device is your cd
burner, a common one is /dev/hdc.

Then try cdrecord dev=ATAPI:/dev/hdc ....

jlc