[linux-audio-user] OT: Music *not* made with gnu/Linux.

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 20:09:56 EET

Ok,
shame on me for this, but I would really really like to share with you
my latest musical efforts. Unfortunately, I was already working on these
tracks when I finally got everything working on gnu/Linux audio. So I
finished these tracks (made with mostly with free VST plugins, my guitar
and some vocals) on my copies of Tracktion on MacOSX and WinXP (Mackie
gave them away for free last christmas to promote their forthcoming
newer version). BTW it's a shame that a software made by one guy alone,
using mostly opensource LGPL libraries and with an XML file format
hasn't been released opensource. But I believe that when Ardour will
have MIDI integration, it would be even better than Tracktion (it is
already far better IMHO if you consider just the audio functionalities).
I will probably retouch these tracks with jamin for the final cd
version, but I'm already concentrated on new stuff now (using only o.s.s.).

I don't like to think in terms of genres, but people often describes my
music as ambient. So don't bother to download it if you don't like ambient.

Anyway, If you'll consider listening to my new EP (released under the
cc-licence) you can grab it here:

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/The_Moon_EP.zip

It's a 27Mb zip with 4 mp3 tracks (192Kbps). Title is: The Moon EP (code
name: last of the closed source sw tracks).

Or for individual tracks:

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/As_we_grow_older.mp3

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/Hope.mp3

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/The_moon.mp3