Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Behringer BCA2000

From: Klaus Kosten <klaus.kosten@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 13:25:08 EET

jazzride schrieb:
> Clemens Ladisch a écrit :
>
>> Sean Edwards wrote:
>>

>>> Has anybody got Behringers BCA2000 working with
>>> linux/alsa?
>>>

>> No. It uses an unknown proprietary protocol.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Clemens
>>

> ok
> what about BCF 2000 ?
> regards

I don´t know about the BCF 2000, but I have a BCR 2000, and it works
fine under Linux. The librarian/editor from Behringer´s website for both
the BCR and the BCF is written in Java and works at least for the BCR,
so i assume it will work for the BCF as well. There´s one drawback,
though: Behringer will not release any programming information, not even
about the sysex format, for these devices. Reverse engineering is
required and seems possible.

regards

--
Klaus Kosten