Re: [linux-audio-user] Looking for soundcard.

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 20:18:04 EET

Hi,

> We did use snd-usb-usx2y.
>
> But there's also a firmware upload to do for this device, so you
> first have to find that one, and then we were missing several
> packages (to 4 levels "deep" in the dependencies) to be able to do
> this upload. That's what I meant by 'bit of a hassle"...

on this years Linuxtag I managed the audio booth. I can well remember a
participiant who was praising the Tascam all the time, that's why I
wondered.

He even used the MIDI port, so do not take my silly question as
offense :) .

The guy I'm talking about even is a member of this list, so Arnold, can
you read us ;-))) ?

Best regards

ce