Re: [linux-audio-user] extract and mix

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 22:51:05 EET

Greg Wilder wrote:

>On Monday 19 December 2005 14:55, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>Thanks mark. I was hoping that there was a utility that I could use in
>>a script as I have to do this many many times. I guess I could grep for
>>"Duration<tab>: " and grab the numbers.
>>

>Hi Brad,
>
>I've attached a little utility called sndinfo that creates output similar to
>sndfile-info. It's a little more specific in terms of length:
>

>>sndinfo /snd/greg/fl.c4
>>

>/snd/greg/fl.c4:
> srate: 44100
> chans: 1
> length: 3.472970
> type: AIFF
> format: 16-bit big endian
> written: Wed 14-Dec-05 12:48 EST
> comment: F
>
>HTH,
>Greg

thanks greg. It's a bit more informative than sndfile-info, I like that
it also gives sample length (your example doesn't show it, but it did
when I ran it.)
 Where'd you get it? Is there an argument that can extract specific
data? like just the type or just the length?

Does it extract information from the header, or calculate the information?