Re: [linux-audio-user] Favorite way to use Jamin?

From: Sylvain Reynal <reynal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 13:31:19 EET

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 06:48, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Hey, I know, I'll use Audacity! .... except... it doesn't support jack?
> Aargh. (version 1.2.1)
> Any other suggestions?
Paul,
You may want to try oss2jack in combination with the fusd library
(http://fort.xdas.com/~kor/oss2jack/). This bridges the gap b/w oss and jack
by offering two I/O jack ports that are connected to /dev/dsp. This may sound
like a kind of medieval workaround, but it really did a nice job for me.
Incidentally, I mainly use it for the very purpose you mentioned, that is,
sending audacity's output (/dev/dsp => oss2jack => jack-OSS-emulation-ports)
to jasmin...

syd