Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 15:35:18 EET

Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Noteedit use to crash for me. Then I realized I had multiple versions of kde/kdelibs. I cleaned it up to one version then recompiled. Now it no longer crashes but not all the features seem to work on the
> described machine. It works well on anouther mahine with debian on the ppc architecture.

I installed NoteEdit on Debian unstable last night... it installed
cleanly (there have been some issues lately with unstable with broken
dependencies) and started up without a hitch. MUCH more stable now.
Couldn't print since it required some external program
(abcsomethingorother), and I was able to import some MIDI (an old MIDI I
created with Rosegarden2 many years ago imported perfectly and I was
able to play it back). Oddly, NoteEdit didn't break the piece up into
measures. A larger MIDI file locked up the application completely and I
had to kill it manually.

I'll play around with it some more, it will be useful for playing with
ideas and harmonies, since it's much more lightweight than Rosegarden.
For serious recording and integration with Ardour + jack, though, I will
still have to use Rosegarden.

-- Brett