Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

From: Jeremiah Benham <jjbenham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 16:45:16 EET

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 07:36:49AM +0200, I. I. Ooisen wrote:
> > Noteedit use to crash for me. Then I realized I had multiple versions
> > of kde/kdelibs. I cleaned it up to one version then recompiled. Now
> > it no longer crashes but not all the features seem to work on the
> > described machine. It works well on anouther mahine with debian on
>
> was the "described machine" also debian (the non-ppc one)?

The machine I described was actually gentoo on the amd64 in 64bit mode. I assume the 64bit mode is what is causing some features not to work. I am talking specifically about note entry. Note entry from
external midi keyboard does not respond to every note hit. Entry via keyboard does not respond at all. Entry via mouse works. I would try to fix the bugs but I don't know c++ as well as I know c. I have
debian on my ppc. I apt-got it. It seems to just work. I have not tested midi on it yet though. I assume it probably works well. I don't know about quatization or real time recording but it does a kind of
step entry via midi and keyboard entry.

Jeremiah