Re: [linux-audio-user] CLI vs. GUI and other Linux sound issues

From: studio64 <fsmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 20:20:43 EET

John Anderson wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 11:01 -0500, Greg Wilder wrote:
>

>>Generally speaking, the majority of commercially available music software is
>>designed for the quick and easy production of popular music. By definition
>>this means that the software is created in such a way that important musical
>>decisions have been pre-made for the user. Most of the time, the user isn't
>>even aware that this is happening - if the option is never presented to you
>>how can you miss it?
>>

>I'm curious about this. What kind of musical decisions are pre-made by
>commercial software for the user?
>
>bye
>John

MMMM that makes two of us,
how can you design software for pop music production, does it refuse to
record rock/dance?
AS has been mentioned on here when we got our songs onto some of the web
charts we got a lot of interest
in how it was made on Linux.

There is a lot of users just waiting to try Linux, and its grows all the
time.

Just keep the music/films coming.

Cheers
Bob