[linux-audio-user] Re: recording from jack

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 22:44:15 EET

Atte Andr? Jensen:

> Hi
>
> I have some patches in om that I'd like to sample into specimen. Since
> om runs under jack I need a simple program that'll record and works with
> jack. I know of only ardour, but I never used that program and it seems
> like a bit of overkill installing it and figuring it out just to perform
> this trivial task. Which other programs will do the job?

jack_capture is the program you are looking for:

[kjetil@email-addr-hidden kjetil]$ jack_capture
Recording! Press <RETURN> to stop it.
disk thread finished
[kjetil@email-addr-hidden kjetil]$

http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/

Its based on jackrec (and a little bit of timemachine), but is made to be
as simple as possible to use.